"Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future."
Bridges Montessori is much more than a school. It is a community that fosters each student's unique gifts and talents so that they not only achieve their highest individual potential but also develop into engaged, proactive participants in society. Our warm, nurturing, healthful environment supports cooperation and mutual respect among parents, teachers, administrators, and children.
We believe that, in the pursuit of academic excellence and social accountability, we help each child fulfill their intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual, and aesthetic promise. Our philosophy is based on the insight and teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori which guide us to:
- Develop each student’s academic and personal potential
- Live as active participants in our community, contributing to its care and improvement
- Be caring, compassionate individuals who respect the unique differences in people
- Become competent, confident, knowledgeable, and well-rounded lifelong learners
- Encourage each child’s innate sense of wonder, imagination, natural curiosity, and enthusiasm for learning
Bridges educators strive to provide the highest-quality Montessori curriculum and learning environment for each individual student. Every member of our community is valued for their distinctive abilities, talents and personalities. We embrace diversity in all its forms at all levels of the Bridges family.
The goals of Bridges Montessori are to:
- Stimulate the development of the total child: emotional, social, physical, and academic
- Create a nurturing and accepting environment in which each child feels secure, respected, and loved
- Provide an enriched, stimulating educational setting with safe limits in which the child is an active explorer
- Encourage the child to become self-directed and independent
- Provide a framework of conscious discipline
- Inspire creativity and the development of a positive self-image in each student
- Establish a cross-cultural environment and introduce concepts of global peace, cultivating peace practitioners